- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here is part two of Nick's birthday chapter. Enjoy!
Chapter 37

Nick held his daughter in his arms and had never felt happier in his whole life. He kissed her cheek and stroked her hair, a grin spread across his face. Celine was really his now, legally. He couldn't believe it still as he put the baby in the crib.

"I was so foolish to give you up, Celine...do you forgive daddy for being an idiot?" Nick asked. Celine responded with a small giggle, her eyes following him as he leaned against the crib and looked down at her.

"Celine....you are one of the best things in my life, I swear I will be a good dad. I won't let anything happen to you." he whispered. Celine smiled at him and he grinned back at her. Amanda was watching from the doorway as he talked to the baby. Nick had no idea she was there until he heard her leave, but kept talking anyway.

"I love your mom....you think I got a shot with her?" Nick asked with a chuckle. Celine responded with some grunting noises as if she were trying to talk.

"I agree on that one." Nick said, as if he understood what she was trying to say. After a while Nick started to sing her to sleep, his voice gentle and soft.

I'd go anywhere for you
Anywhere you ask me to
I'd do anything for you
Anything you want me to

Your love as far as I can see
Is all I'm ever gonna need
There's one thing for sure I know its true
Baby I'd go anywhere for you

I used to think that dreams were just for sentimental fools
And I'd never find someone that would give their love so true
But I knew the very minute
Couldn't live my life without you in it
And I want the whole wide world to know....

Amanda heard the song and had tears in her eyes as Nick kissed their daughter and walked over to Amanda's bedroom.

"She's asleep." he said, not meeting her gaze. Amanda looked beautiful and he couldn't stop himself from looking at her for long.

"I'll go sleep on the couch." Nick replied sheepishly.

"The bed is big enough for the two of us." Amanda said. Nick raised an eyebrow at this and his thoughts drifted to Katie. He decided he no longer cared about her and got into the bed with Amanda. A few hours later, he opened his eyes and looked around....it was three in the morning and he was wide awake. Sitting on the edge of the bed, he ran a hand through his hair and sighed deeply.

"You all right?" Amanda said suddenly into his ear.

"Can't sleep." Nick responded flatly, feeling another headache coming on. Katie was interrupting his thoughts....what she would say about where he was and who he was with.

"I will help you relax." Amanda said as she told him to lay down. She swung her knee over him and knelt with him between her legs. She began massaging his shoulders in a gentle circular motion. She could not believe how tense his muscles were and did not envy him at all. Being a musician, Nick had more stress than most people had all morning. She moved to his lower back and he loosened up a little, sighing with pleasure.

"That feels so good..." he muttered, now in a state of relaxation. Rolling over, he leaned up and kissed her. Adjusting his position, he kept going....and Amanda was reminded of her feelings for him....not that she had forgotten, but his lips were soft against hers. Kissing slowly, he moved to her neck....her shoulder. Nick did not care about Katie any more....he only wanted Amanda....she wanted him. Nothing would stop them that night.....they made magic. It felt wonderful for the two of them, like they were the only two people on earth and nothing would get in the way of them being together. The next morning, Nick left the house and a sinking feeling had appeared in his chest....he was going to regret going home.