- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here is the chapter you have all been waiting for....please enjoy and review!
Chapter 55

Nick was excited as they drove from the airport to their private cabana in the Virgin Islands, where he had taken Amanda on vacation. He felt his heart race once they got inside the cabana, they were really there. Nick had found the place while he was sick....surfing the internet on his laptop when he had been confined to his room for two days. The beach was isolated...so nobody could bother them.
"Nick, this is beautiful..." Amanda marveled at the view from their window in the kitchen, that looked over the bay. The ocean was so clear you could see right to the bottom....Amanda knew they didn't have that back in Jersey. This is why she loved living in Florida, it was so much cleaner and relaxed than back north. Nick walked over behind Amanda, putting his arms around her and kissing her neck as she giggled, kissing his face. She loved him like this, when he was romantic and affectionate. Nick was always good to her, always making sure she felt loved. The two of them rested on the first day after their flight, snuggling near one another in the king sized bed. In the morning, Nick surprised Amanda with a spa day....what surprised her even more was that Nick came along for the manicure, pedicure and facial....not to mention the massage. After the day of pampering, they relaxed in the hot tub drinking champagne.
"How did you like the spa, Nick?" Amanda asked as he massaged her shoulders, his thumbs caressing her shoulder blade.
"It was very relaxing. You girls may be onto something there," he replied with a chuckle as he finished his second glass. Amanda laughed and they kissed passionately before going to bed hand in hand, completely in love. The next morning, Nick woke up feeling knots in his stomach. He was so nervous about their dinner that night on the yacht he had rented out and hoped it would all go the way he wanted it to. As Amanda slept in the bed, Nick rummaged through his suitcase and pulled out a small velvet jewelry box....containing a ring. Taking the ring out, Nick twirled it between his fingers, the diamonds twinkling brightly. It was a silver band encrusted with diamonds all the way around it and their initials engraved on the inside. This ring had been with Nick for a long time and he had saved it for this day, the day he would ask Amanda to marry him. He had been waiting for this day, had planned it carefully down to the last detail as he did for everything. When it was time for dinner, Nick waited at the end of the dock for Amanda. She was dressed beautifully, wearing a red dress that came just above her knees. Her brown hair was tied back, and she wore simple jewelry, a silver chain and earrings. Amanda walked to the end of the dock where there was a large yacht waiting just behind Nick. It was still light outside, but the sky was turning beautiful colors of red, pink and orange. As the boat sailed out over the open water, Nick led Amanda to a table set for the two of them on the deck.
"This is beautiful, Nick....thank you." Amanda said as he held out her chair for her to sit down. Amanda was impressed by the view, nothing but water all around, and a gorgeous sunset in front of them.
"Nick, this has been a wonderful vacation, I'm glad I got to come here." Amanda said as she ate her chicken.
"I thought you could use some time away from the family, just the two of us." Nick said, one of his hands fumbling inside his pocket.
"I was just surprised that you wanted to go away again after we just went to see my parents." Amanda said, eyeing Nick curiously as he shifted in his chair....his eyes looking towards the sun setting in the distance.
"Well, family is important to me...I wanted to meet them." Nick answered as he poured her another glass of champagne.
"I love that you took the time to meet them, my father said he respects you for that." Amanda said.
"I'm glad they like me, because I plan on being with you for a long time." Nick replied as he handed her the glass and watched her drink it. Amanda stared at him curiously, his eyes watching her champagne glass. After a few sips, she saw something glinting in the bottom, a diamond ring.
"What is that?" she exclaimed with a huge grin on her face as one appeared on Nick's. Nick tried desperately to get the ring out of Amanda's champagne glass, but his hands were too big. Amanda laughed and took the glass from him before draining the contents. She handed him the ring and he dried it carefully with a napkin from the table.
"Amanda...." Nick started as he bent down on his right knee in front of her. Amanda immediately began crying, a smile spread across her face.
"Amanda, I would love to spend the rest of my life with you....you're the best thing to happen to my life. Will you marry me?" Nick said, holding the ring to her as the sun sank below the horizon. The stars were beginning to come out, the sunset fading away. Amanda wiped her eyes and nodded, tears of happiness filling them.
"Yes....yes....I will." she whispered, and Nick placed the ring on her hand before they kissed under the stars.