- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Back with a new chapter, enjoy!
Chapter 6


"Nick, what's wrong?" Amanda asked as Nick paced the room.

"We didn't use protection! Lance is going to murder me when he finds out I slept with you. None of this was supposed to happen!" Nick stated. He was confused by his emotions at that moment. His love for Amanda and his sorrow at losing his wife were mixing together. He had loved Amanda since the day she rescued him. Although he had never professed his feelings towards his best friend, Nick felt that sex was the ultimate way to say I love you.

"It will be okay."

"No it won't, Amanda! Do you have any idea what I am going through right now? My wife has died....and I just slept with a married woman. If the media finds out my life is over!" Nick shouted. He really wanted to kick himself. But the way he figured, it was the best sex of his life. He loved her more now that they had been intimate together, and Amanda felt the same way.

"Lance isn't going to know. Nothing will leave this room....we will go back home today and act like nothing happened." Amanda said kindly, kissing him on the cheek. Nick smiled slightly, but it did not placate his feelings at all. That morning they went back to Florida. Nick was hounded by press asking about Tracy's murder. Nick simply covered his face and kept walking. When Amanda got home, Lance was waiting for her. His green eyes watching her every move as she unpacked. The two of them did not speak at all until the next day at breakfast. Lance set down his orange juice and began throwing her dirty glares.

"Why did you go?" he demanded. Amanda knew this was coming. She knew he would start asking her why she went to Nick.

"Nick needed me."

"I asked you not to leave me and you walked out when I was sleeping. How could you betray me like this?"

"Lance, he needed me to help him through this. Nick is my best friend."

"I don't give a damn who he is. That asshole is filling your head with lies to steal you from me. But guess what, I am the one you married. I don't want you to see him anymore." Lance shouted.

"You can't tell me to do that." Amanda said through gritted teeth.

"I have put up with him long enough. He is a musician.....you know how those people are."

"Don't give me that crap, you have known him since we we're all kids. Nick is still the same person he always was."

"I love you, Amanda. You are my wife. I can't stand the thought of losing you. It would kill me." Lance said, holding her hand and kissing it. Amanda didn't buy his act for a minute.

"Why are you so jealous of him?" she asked, her brown eyes staring into his green ones.

"That rockstar keeps coming between us. I love you....can't you see that?" Lance replied. Not satisfied with his answer, she got up and left the table. That night they lay in bed in silence for a while before Lance finally spoke.

"I am sorry. I got scared and didn't want to lose you." he whispered, kissing her neck gently. Amanda have in soon after and they had sex. She loved Lance when he was gentle and not a big bully.

"I love you, baby. I am sorry." she whispered as her thoughts again went to Nick, wondering wher he was and what he was doing with nobody to hold.