Fic Talk > I Challenge You....

Let the 2013 Summer Reading Challenge begin!

<< < (4/44) > >>

mare:
Thanks, Tracy! YAY an anti-psycho story! LOL

carterkid:
I love save a prayer  I'm already on chapter 9!I started it first because its longer then the other. I'm also working on the  readers survey  thing.

kevmylove:
So sorry Mare! I'll get to filling that out tomorrow.

mare:
Just finished up reading the first ten chapters of Forever by Emily_Michele. I have to admit, I was hesitant at first because it seemed to have all the qualities I tend to avoid in a fanfic but one thing that really stands out in this is the fact that I care about the female lead. That kind of says a lot right there. Emily (the character) is strong, but also flawed. She isn't the typical needy, whiny girl we see so many times in fics. She has a confidence about her that I like and I also like the fact that it's not all about romance and sex. There's some sexual tension between some of the characters but it's more about them being friends and possibly becoming more that keeps this from being a cliched boy band meets girl band type romance. The other girls in the group aren't that important. The clear focus is on Emily which is another reason the story is holding my attention. It's hard for me to read a BSB story that really isn't about BSB, but this one is holding my attention because Emily is a great writer with a knack for description.

Looking forward to seeing how it all turns out!

Now onto Erika's :)

emilo:
I am actually putting the finishing touches on a new chapter for Forever-- the first in over a year.  Thanks so much, Mare, for the great feedback and comments about the story here!  I am currently reading Mare's "The Long Road Home," and I'm loving it!  It's obvious that it's one of her first stories, as it's not as polished as some of her other work but the content more than makes up for that.  It takes place circa 2003 during the BSB's hiatus and delves into some of the possible reasons the group did not put out any new music during that time.  It's a classic Mare "bromance," and I'd highly recommend it.  I'm having fun with the feedback, as Mare's not read it in so long that sometimes she has no idea what I'm talking about...lol.  It's a relatively short story (16 chapters), and I'm already 8 in, so I'll probably finish this one before moving on to the next.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version