Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Just a general pop in thread  (Read 17549 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Just a general pop in thread
« Reply #240 on: Today at 10:07:37 AM »

I'm glad the parents are easy to work with and understanding. Whenever the flu or the chicken pox would go around, I used to secretly pray that the bad kids had it, but it never happened! It's like those kids were immune. Of course, they were also the kids who were never involved in any of the extracurricula r activities which sometimes took them out of my class. With the exception of band, which was MY activity. LOL

I always tended to get along best with the class that all the other teachers deemed impossible. I felt bad for them. They knew it, they always said it. "All our teachers hate us!" Because of a handful of obnoxious kids, they all managed to get that reputation. I don't know if this was the case with you, but when I would say those particular kids didn't give me a problem their teachers assumed it was because I let them do whatever they want. It was one of those things they liked to always say about the specials. "Well of course they're good for you! All you do is have fun!" I don't miss that attitude at all!

How was your Nick concert? Did you go to just one? You might have posted about it somewhere else. I haven't visited the other dots yet.

Steph have fun on your vacation. Are you going anywhere?

I finally managed to hit the 5,000 mark. It's the small things! And my Mets are actually in the playoffs. Which is unreal considering how badly they started off the season. Watch then accidentally win the world series! LOL I don't think we'll beat Philly, but I really hope we do! I hate them and most of their fans!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Just a general pop in thread
« Reply #241 on: Today at 02:42:35 PM »

Yeah, I do think some teachers assume that those kids just get away with doing whatever they want, when really it's that I try to pick my battles and let them have time to calm down when they need it instead of getting in their face and nagging/criticizing every little thing they do wrong.  That's how I've had the most success with difficult students, although they definitely still test my patience LOL.

The Nick concert was good!  I absolutely love the type of venues he's performing in, theaters with great lighting and acoustics and seats that are super close to the stage.  We were Row D, which I assumed was fourth row, but it was actually the second row of seats behind a very small pit section, so we had a fantastic view!  My pictures turned out so good.  He cut out a bunch of songs from the set he performed last year without adding anything new, though, which was kind of annoying.  I wouldn't have minded him changing up the set list if he was going to sing different stuff, but it was just a shorter version of the same show I saw last year in Nashville.  That was only the second show of the tour last year, so maybe he realized it was too much and cut back.  I'm sure it's an adjustment singing a whole concert solo when you're used to having four other singers on stage with you.  I was worried "You Shook Me All Night Long" was going to wreck his voice last year, so I'm not surprised that one got cut.  But it was disappointing that he cut out some of the other covers and solo songs and kept all the BSB songs he's been doing.  I really don't need to hear him sing Everybody, I Want It That Way, QPG, etc. by himself.  But it was still a really fun show, and he was amazing as always!  And in my post-concert depression, I bought tickets to see him again in Vegas in November, so I can't complain!

Congrats to your Mets!  I haven't been following the postseason all that closely since my Cubbies aren't in it, but I did catch their big win the other night and was glad to see them take out the Brewers.  It's always fun to see an underdog wild card team make it far into the playoffs.  I hope they go all the way!

Congrats on hitting 5000 too!  And posting your new story!  I'm enjoying a relaxing weekend at home and trying to get some writing done after half-assing it to keep the streak alive for the past couple weeks.  I'm writing about a ski trip when I've never been skiing before, so it's a hard thing to half-ass.  And now I keep getting Facebook ads for Aspen ski resorts from all the research I've been doing LOL.
« Last Edit: Today at 02:47:07 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]