Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Featured Story of the Month for October: Satan's Playground by rebellious_one  (Read 12608 times)

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion

Congrats Reb! I know I definitely read a lot of this, if not all you have posted, but I am prolly going to have to refresh my memory a bit before I comment much more on it.

MonkeyAbu

Deep in your memory you must look to answer my next question. Think back to when you first started SP...when you were 12, right? What made you decide to write chapter 1 the way you did? Connect with your inner child Rupert. ;)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Hrmm Ashley is asking you really good questions which is making my job a lot easier lol

But i'll ask you this one, and i'm sorry if it's been aksed already but I didn't see it.

Have you changed your mind in the direction the story has taken since you started? For instance did you always intend for Kevin to get all posessed and stuff? lmao or was it maybe someone else like Howie and then you said, "Kevin looks more evil than Howie so I shall make him the bad guy!"

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
    • Drifting-In-Between-Dreams A Place to Lose Reality if Only for a Moment

So I've not gotten the chance to read it yet, I plan to later today while my dad is at the game. I will be commenting as I read sounds like a great fic!
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."
Angel: "Spike.... just walk away"
Spike: "You're a..."
Angel: "Don't say it!"
Spike: "You're a bleeding puppet!"

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website

aww, I started chapter one, and I think it's off to a great start. I'm looking forward to reading the rest!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?

Congratulations! :)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into

Dani: Aww, thanks for the sweet comment girly!! As for idea brewing in my head... to be honest, there's too many ideas that's brewing. There's so many ways I can approach the next chapter and my mind just won't hurry the hell up and settle on one that'll work best for the story, lol. I clearly visualize how the chapter will go, and if I feel it won't work, I'll normally scratch that idea altogether or try to enhance it somehow. Before my computer crashed, I had a whole freaking chapter typed up and ready to be posted, but thanks to procrastinatio n and the suckiness of my computer, I lost it. :( Lol. But maybe it was a sign for me to approach the chapter in a different way. I actually have the story pulled up right now and I'm trying to sort through all the ideas that's floating around in my mind, lol.

Shaniqua: Haha, well you can't really bug me for anything because I don't think this genre is your liking... I think. LOL.

Mel: Haha. You were one of my first reviewers when I came onto AC (with Incomplete and all that jazz) and you leave some of the best reviews. I'll have to admit, I lost a lot of readers along the way due to my inability to regularly update my stories and post up a bunch of stories that are incomplete. :( Lol. But this story seems to be in demand which makes me even determined to update and finish this story!! Thanks hun!! ;D

Ash: *sits in a meditating stance* OOOOHHHMMM... I am one with my inner child... I think. Lol. Um... what made me decide to write the prologue the way I did... hmm... I believe I was in writing class when I first started this story or something, and I had noticed that I had this pattern of jumping right into a story when I wrote it, there was no prologue, no back story, no nothing. My mind's always been twisted so I thought it would have been a cool approach to write a little back story, give a little insight into the history of "Satan's Playground". Where I was born and raised, there were a lot of ghost stories that circulated around, stories that dated back to when my parents were children or whatever, and I just remember them telling us those stories and I'd always paint this mental picture in my head whenever they told us their scary experiences. Anywho... I decided the back story to be like that, in a sense where I tell one of the many stories that deals with Satan's Playground, and my intent was to just change up my writing style a bit and I've come to realize that it kind of worked best for the story. I hope I made sense with answering this question, lol.

Mare: Haha, good question! Um... the whole possessing of Kevin thing was totally not me. I mean, I kinda had an idea to possess one of the boys, and the whole thought behind that kind of came from Amityville (sp?) Horror. As for how Kevin was selected to be possessed, that was totally George's idea, I think he liked the idea of possessing the "father figure" of the bunch. I'm speaking on behalf of the character, but I think he wanted to manifest in the one that's the strongest of them all, he knows that Kevin is the protector of the group and normally whatever Kevin says, goes, but with the way he's controlling Kevin is all wrong. Kevin is completely bipolar in this story, and the guys have caught on to that and know that something's wrong, so it'll be hard for George to do much of what he's intending to do. As for if I had changed the direction of this story, I have and honestly it keeps changing, which I feel is kind of bad, lmao. My mind is a complete mess with all my stories, and I'm always and forever changing something, lol. People are wondering if any of the other guys are going to be possessed, and all I can say is who knows... my mind is always and forever changing the story somehow, and I think it's because I'm abusing the fact that there's no set idea to how the story will exactly go. I need to better organize myself when it comes to writing, lmao.

Teri: Thank you sooo much hun!!  :-* Ya know, some things aren't everybody's cup of tea, but if you find the time to read it I hope you enjoy it. :)

Kelly: Hehe, loved your review btw!! ;D As you continue to read, ignore all the mistakes. ;) Lol.

Dee: Thank you!! ;D
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

MonkeyAbu

Hrmm Ashley is asking you really good questions which is making my job a lot easier lol

I'm having fun asking questions. I should have started doing this before...ya know...to help ya out...LoL.

MonkeyAbu

Another question:

If you could change one thing about your story so far, what would it be and why? Other then the first chapter, since we already covered the fact that you say you don't like how you wrote the first chapter. LoL.

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion

One thing I could change about the story? Hmm... the fact that the characters don't really seem consistent. I think it's kind of important when you go into a story to have a set idea as to who your characters are; who they are in the beginning of the story and how whatever happens affect and changes them. Someone pointed out that they were a bit shocked to see that AJ was all "gung-ho" and heroic when he normally comes across as the type of guy that's like "Um... screw this." Lol. At the time, in my young naive mind I wanted to shine the light on AJ and have him be the hero, but I didn't describe how he became the guy to take on everything and try to be the hero. My thought was just like "Hmm... well, wanted to change AJ up a bit and not make him so predictable" or whatever. But I really don't like how my characters seem inconsistent.

I love answering questions. :D Thanks Ash!!
~Me

Kentuckychickrk

• Captain of Commotion

Congrats Reb!
I've been out of town for an entire week and I feel so out of the loop... I've heard a lot about this story but hadn't gotten around to reading it yet.  This will be a good time to do so!  I look forward to getting started  ;D
-- Rachel --

*And in that line now was a whiskered old man, with a linen cap and a crooked nose, who waited in a place called the Stardust Band Shell to share his part of the secret of Heaven; that each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one.*
-- Mitch Album

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion

^Aww, thanks hun!! Hope you like it. :)
~Me

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion

In case anyone wants to know, I've progressed well with an update and I'm hoping to post it by tonight or tomorrow, PROMISE!! ;D
~Me

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website

Hey! Ok, SO I finally caught up...  (Ok, I say finally, but aside from reading chapter one the other night, I read it all in one sitting.)

First of all for me to finish anything at all these days, that means I found it highly entertaining, and I find myself joining the club that awaits the updates. (which I noticed don't come that often missy... *taps foot expectantly*)

I absolutely adore the premiss of this story! The idea of Satan having his own little spot on this Earth where he can control and torment people, and where spirits have control of the land... Creepy and exciting all that the same time.

I was also highly amused by the thought of the reality show sucking the guys into the story. I've never seen FEAR once, so I don't really know how the game works, but you do a great job of setting it all up and explaining what's going on for those of us who are unfamiliar with it.

You also have some fun banter between all the guys here and there and I liked that you made some of them really gung-ho and some of them pissed about having to be there. HAHA that management agreed to it without even asking their permission. Sucks to be at the mercy of a Label.

All that being said, I do have some critiques/thoughts that came to mind as I read the story. If you'd like the feedback, I'm more than willing to share. I hope I didn't scare you, i just know that I've given people "feedback" before and it's not always appreciated. It's nothing bad, of course, and honestly, I don't really know what I'm doing any more than you, but just thought I'd make sure you're interested before leaving "feedback" along with my review.

Over-all, this is a very unique, creative, creepy story with some really awesome, creative paranormal ideas. And I'd definitely recommend people check it out! Very well done Reb! I liked it and am looking forward to reading more.

If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion

I'm open to any and all critiques/feedback. :D
~Me
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5